BTS Bang Wa (S12)
Where to Stay, Shop and Eat Near BTS Bang Wa
Bang Wa BTS is the final and westernmost station on the Silom Line, and was opened for public use in December 2013. The Station is located on a busy intersection between Petchkasem Road and Krung Thon Buri Road which stretches into the centre of Bangkok across the river.
The area is popular with cheap condos and apartments, and there are also local schools, colleges, temples and shopping options serving the local Thonburi community.
Please note that there are plans to expand the BTS line even further beyond Bang Wa, although construction is not expected to be completed until 2017 onwards.Read More
- Chao Phraya River Cruise with Dinner
- Half-Day Cooking Lesson at Blue Elephant Cooking School
- Siam Niramit Show
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Temples & City Tour
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Temple Tour
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show at the Grand Theatre with Dinner & Roundtrip Transfer
- Safari World Tour with Roundtrip Transfer
- Golden Buddha, Reclining Buddha, Marble Temple & Gems Gallery Tour
Map of BTS Bang Wa
Restaurants and Cafes at BTS Bang Wa:
Sea Time Restaurant – fresh seafood and karaoke all under one roof (30/1 Moo 1, Ratchaphruek Road)
Sweet Obsession - Cute little cafe selling hand-made cakes and quality coffee (247/5 Ratchaprueck Road)
Street food – head towards the large Siam University to find the most bustling area for street food around Bang Wa. The area is also a popular hangout for university students with plenty of road side cafes and bars that stay open late.
Saphan Tak Sin-Phet Kasem Pier – popular pier on the canal near Bang Wa which links commuters to the rest of Thonburi via a cheap boat ride.