Bangkok Airport Link
Suvarnabhumi Airport Train Transfers to Bangkok City0
The much-awaited Airport Rail Link (06:00-midnight) that connects downtown Bangkok with Suvarnabhumi International Airport is a smart alternative to the airport’s express buses or taxis. The City Line makes six stops between downtown (Phayathai Station) and the airport, completing each run in 30 minutes, making this a quick and convenient transport option for getting in and out of Bangkok.
The Airport Rail Link connects you to the MRT underground at Makkasan City Interchange Station (MRT Petchaburi Station) and the BTS Skytrain at Phayathai Station. Please note, the baggage check-in at Makkasan Station is no longer available.
From Bangkok International Airport (Suvarnabhumi), the entrance to the Airport Rail Link service is on the First Floor.Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
Airport Rail Link Route Guide
The Airport Rail Link SA City Line begins at Phayathai Station in downtown Bangkok.
- SA City Line - 45 Baht
Phayathai > Rathchaprarop > Makkasan > Ramkhamhaeng > Hua Mark > Ban Thap Chang > Lat Krabang > Suvarnabhumi Airport
Fares and Ticketing
There are two types of tickets: single-trip tokens and pre-paid Smart Passes. For temporary visitors, single-trip tokens are more suitable. You can buy your tokens from one of the Automatic Token Dispensers located at every station. Simply select your destination and the number of passengers, and the fare will be calculated based on your input. The machine accepts both coins and bills. Always choose to print out the receipt; you might need it later.
- SA City Line: Increment rate starts at 15 baht, maximum 45 baht
You can also buy your tokens from the ticket booth. In this case, always ask for your receipt.
The Check-In Luggage Service at Makkasan Station is closed.
Other Useful Information
- The Airport Rail Link service hours is 06:00 – midnight
- If you are traveling in a group of three or more, it’s more economical and convenient to take a taxi.
- The Airport Rail Link’s pre-paid Smart Passes are not compatible with the BTS Skytrain or MRT underground. You must purchase passes separately.
- The Express Line closed in 2015.
BTS and MRT mapRate This Place: ( votes)