Bangkok Airport Link
Suvarnabhumi Airport Train Transfers to Bangkok
The much-awaited Airport Rail Link (06:00-midnight) that connects downtown Bangkok with Suvarnabhumi International Airport is a smart alternative to the airport’s express buses or taxis. The two SA Express routes can get you to the airport (or downtown) in 15-18 minutes, so rest assured that you will make it to the boarding gate right on time. The City Line makes six stops between downtown (Phayathai Station) and the airport, completing each run in 30 minutes, which is also a great option for those with little luggage and who are not in a rush.
The Airport Rail Link connects you to the MRT underground at Makkasan City Interchange Station (MRT Petchaburi Station) and the BTS Skytrain at Phayathai Station. If you travel via Thai Airways International or Bangkok Airways, you can also check in your luggage at Makkasan.
From Bangkok International Airport (Suvarnabhumi), the entrance to the Airport Rail Link service is on the First Floor.
Airport Rail Link Route Guide
The three Airport Rail Link lines start at different downtown terminals. The two SA Express lines begin at Phyathai Station and the Makkasan Interchange, while the SA City Line begins at Phayathai Station.
- Phayathai-Suvarnabhumi Airport Express Route (non-stop service)
Phayathai Station > Suvarnabhumi International Airport
- Makkasan-Suvarnabhumi Airport Express Route (non-stop service)
Makkasan City Interchange Station > Suvarnabhumi International Airport
- SA City Line
Phayathai > Rathchaprarop > Makkasan > Ramkhamhaeng > Hua Mark > Ban Thap Chang > Lat Krabang > Suvarnabhumi Airport
Fares and Ticketing
There are two types of tickets: single-trip tokens and pre-paid Smart Passes. For temporary visitors, single-trip tokens are more suitable. You can buy your tokens from one of the Automatic Token Dispensers located at every station. Simply select your destination and the number of passengers, and the fare will be calculated based on your input. The machine accepts both coins and bills. Always choose to print out the receipt; you might need it later.
- SA Express: 90 baht flat rate
- SA City Line: Increment rate starts at 15 baht, maximum 45 baht
You can also buy your tokens from the ticket booth. In this case, always ask for your receipt.
Passengers using the service of Thai Airways International or Bangkok Airways can check in their luggage at the City Air Terminal located inside the Makkasan Station. The service is open 08:00 – 21:00 daily and is available only with the purchase of the Express Line ticket. Note that the check-in time is three hours prior to flight departure, or up to 12 hours in advance.
Other Useful Information
- The Airport Rail Link service hours is 06:00 – midnight
- The weight limit on each checked in bag is 32kg at the City Air Terminal, regardless of the maximum weight limit set by the airline.
- If you are traveling in a group of two or more, it’s more economical and convenient to take the taxi.
- You can check in your bags at the City Air Terminal and board the trains later, as long as it is within 12 hours, but you have to purchase the SA Express train ticket upon checking in.
- The Airport Rail Link’s pre-paid Smart Passes are not compatible with the BTS Skytrain or MRT underground. You must purchase the passes separately.
- Opening Hours: 8.00 - 18.00
- Location: Bangkok, Bangkok