2 Days River Kwai Jungle Raft & Resotel
This two-day tour through Kanchanaburi province gives you the chance to enjoy its rugged scenery while gaining insight into the area's tragic WWII history. Tour includes visiting the War Museum, Allied War Cemetery and famous Bridge over the River Kwai.
On day two, visiting Hell Fire Pass Memorial and a ride on the Death Railway which cuts through picturesque countryside and cost thousands of POWs lives.
2 Days River Kwai stay at Jungle Raft
Day 1: Bangkok - Kanchanaburi - River Kwai Jungle Rafts/Resotel (Lunch & Dinner)06:00 - 07:00
Pick up passengers from major Bangkok hotels.
Depart from Bangkok by air-conditioned car/minibus or coach.
Arrive at Kanchanaburi.
- Visit War Museum, a realistic depiction of POW living quarters, with photographic, pictorial and physical memorabilia dating from World War II.
- Visit Allied War Cemetery, resting-place for more than 6,000 Allied prisoners of war (POWs). Visit world-famous Bridge over the River Kwai, a part of Death Railway constructed by Allied POWs.
Take a long-tailed boat from pier to get to the jungle rafts, passing by unspoiled mountainous jungle scenery. Check-in on arrival. Lunch at jungle rafts.
Visit to the nearby ethnic Mon village.
Dinner, followed by traditional Mon & Burmese dances (45-minute presentation of dance and songs with original Mon and Burmese musical instruments). Accommodation at Floatel River Kwai Jungle Rafts or River Kwai Resortel.
Day 2: River Kwai Jungle Rafts/River Kwai Resotel-Bangkok (Breakfast & Lunch)08:00
Breakfast - Take an exciting boat ride downstream to Resotel Pier and continue to visit the Hell Fire Pass Memorial. Then, return to the raft.
Check-out and depart by boat to Pakseng Pier for lunch.
Take a historic ride on Death Railway through magnificent scenery, passing over original wooden viaduct constructed by Allied POWs.
Continue by air-conditioned car/minibus or coach to Bangkok.
Arrive Bangkok with transfers to your Bangkok hotel.
- Accommodation at the Floatel River Kwai Jungle Raft with shower (no electricity)
- Accommodation at River Kwai Resotel in air-conditioned room with shower - Meals as mentioned in the program.
- Transfers, entrance fees, and tours by air-conditioned car/minibus/coach with multilingual guide for private tour (joint tour with English speaking guide only)
- Service charges, room tax, VAT and baggage handling
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips, insurance etc.
- Other service not mentioned on this program such as optional tours.
- Minor program changes are sometimes necessary, depending on road conditions and room availability.
Planning your holiday?Travelling as a group?We can help!
Let us arrange your holiday: Tell us your length of stay, budget limit or number of guests and we do the rest. We can design a holiday or tour to suit you, plus special discounts for groups. Contact us here or CALL US at Thailand : +66 2 694 5771, Malaysia : +60 3 2302 7556